Bomb scare in Ipswich
VIDEO People working at EDF energy have today been ordered to evacuate their building so a suspicious package can be examined by the bomb disposal team.Workers in the building, in Fore Hamlet, in Ipswich, called police just after 10.40am.
PEOPLE working at EDF energy have today been ordered to evacuate their building so a suspicious package can be examined by the bomb disposal team.
Workers in the building, at Fore Hamlet, in Ipswich, called police at 10.42am to report the package.
The whole area is now cordoned off and police, ambulance and fire crews are at the scene.
A spokeswoman for EDF Energy said: “We evacuated our Fore Hamlet site this morning as a precautionary measure, after receiving a suspicious package.
You may also want to watch:
“However, all staff were allowed back on site at 12.45pm after investigations were completed and the package deemed safe.
“There was no interruption of service to customers as calls were diverted to another EDF Energy site and operational teams were diverted to an emergency resource centre.”
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 8 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast