Bonfire flashback causes serious burns

A YOUNG man who was caught in a flashback after he poured petrol on a bonfire is suffering from serious burns to his arms and face today.

A YOUNG man who was caught in a flashback after he poured petrol on a bonfire is suffering from serious burns to his arms and face today.

The 22-year-old was taken to Ipswich Hospital after the bonfire got out of control in St Edmunds Close, Bromeswell at about 7pm yesterday.

For the full story see later editions of tonight's Evening Star.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter