Bonnie rescued from hole at Trimley
A BLACK labrador called Bonnie was saved from a watery grave after she fell down a hole on the remote Trimley Marsh.The dog fell to the bottom of a ten-foot hole after it ran off into long grass yesterday afternoon.
FELIXSTOWE firefighters saved Bonnie the black Labrador from a watery grave after she fell down a hole on the remote Trimley Marsh.
The dog fell to the bottom of a ten-foot hole after it ran off into long grass yesterday afternoon.
The female owner of the labrador was walking the dog near the Suffolk Wildlife Centre, along with her other dog, a golden labrador, and her son.
Firefighters were called to the spot at 3.24pm to find Bonnie at the bottom of the shaft, which was filling rapidly with water because of heavy rain.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant Divisional Officer of Felixstowe, Paul Seager, said: "The owner first of all called the coastguard in to try and get the dog out, and they were the ones who let us know about it. Even though it was quite a remote area, we managed to drive up a track to within about ten yards of where the dog was.
He added: "It was quite a large hole, and because of the long grass you could see how the dog did not know that there was a hole there."
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 3 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 4 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 7 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 8 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 10 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light
The firefighters used a ladder and managed to get into the shaft and pluck Bonnie to safety.
The crew placed red tape around the scene to prevent a repetition of the accident.