IT IS official – these two beautiful babies are the cutest in Suffolk.Two thousand readers cast their votes in this year's Evening Star Bonny Babies competition and two gorgeous babies have emerged as clear winners.
IT IS official - these two beautiful babies are the cutest in Suffolk.
Two thousand readers cast their votes in this year's Evening Star Bonny Babies competition and two gorgeous babies have emerged as clear winners.
Eight-month-old Asha Lourdes Cook from Wickham Market and 14-month-old Jordan Blackwell from Ipswich were picked out from 300 entries which flooded into the Evening Star offices.
The bright-eyed youngsters have won themselves the title of cutest boy and girl and up to four members of their families a seven-night holiday at any self-catering Pontin's in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Darren Cook, Asha's father said: "It's a nice surprise.
"We've been stopped in the street and people say how good looking she is.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 5 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 6 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
"Obviously we think she is a gorgeous baby.
"She's always, always happy. She's a brilliant child."
While her son's win came as a bit of a shock to Jordan's mother Stacey Blackwell, she said his love of cameras always stood him in good stead in the competition.
"It's a bit of a shock," she said.
"I thought he wouldn't win because there were loads of cute babies in there."
Like all the babies in the competition, Jordan sat for a shoot with a professional photographer and Ms Blackwell said he loved every minute.
"He loves cameras. He's a poser," she said.
Evening Star brand manager Ben Collins said this year's competition received a huge response from our readers.
"Not only did the amount of babies involved in the competition double this year, so did the volume of votes with just under 2,000 voting forms received.
"Thanks to every reader who took the time to fill out their form and ensure that the competition was so keenly contested.
"Although there are only two prize winners they are all winners really."