IT IS official – these two beautiful babies are the cutest in Suffolk.Two thousand readers cast their votes in this year's Evening Star Bonny Babies competition and two gorgeous babies have emerged as clear winners.
IT IS official - these two beautiful babies are the cutest in Suffolk.
Two thousand readers cast their votes in this year's Evening Star Bonny Babies competition and two gorgeous babies have emerged as clear winners.
Eight-month-old Asha Lourdes Cook from Wickham Market and 14-month-old Jordan Blackwell from Ipswich were picked out from 300 entries which flooded into the Evening Star offices.
The bright-eyed youngsters have won themselves the title of cutest boy and girl and up to four members of their families a seven-night holiday at any self-catering Pontin's in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Darren Cook, Asha's father said: "It's a nice surprise.
"We've been stopped in the street and people say how good looking she is.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 4 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 5 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 6 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 7 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 8 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 9 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 10 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
"Obviously we think she is a gorgeous baby.
"She's always, always happy. She's a brilliant child."
While her son's win came as a bit of a shock to Jordan's mother Stacey Blackwell, she said his love of cameras always stood him in good stead in the competition.
"It's a bit of a shock," she said.
"I thought he wouldn't win because there were loads of cute babies in there."
Like all the babies in the competition, Jordan sat for a shoot with a professional photographer and Ms Blackwell said he loved every minute.
"He loves cameras. He's a poser," she said.
Evening Star brand manager Ben Collins said this year's competition received a huge response from our readers.
"Not only did the amount of babies involved in the competition double this year, so did the volume of votes with just under 2,000 voting forms received.
"Thanks to every reader who took the time to fill out their form and ensure that the competition was so keenly contested.
"Although there are only two prize winners they are all winners really."