Book a date for new library service
A NEW chapter begins for Suffolk's library service next week with the launch of a new service.The service will allow people to reserve titles, pick up and return library loans direct from County Hall in Ipswich.
A NEW chapter begins for Suffolk's library service next week with the launch of a new service.
The service will allow people to reserve titles, pick up and return library loans direct from County Hall in Ipswich.
The first Suffolk Libraries Direct access point is being launched on Tuesday by Suffolk County Council at the Information Centre in St Helen's Street, Ipswich.
The Information Centre already provides information on local authority services in Suffolk and also stocks public transport timetables and road safety equipment.
You may also want to watch:
As of next week it will also have two self-service computer terminals linked directly to the library catalogue where users can order books, CDs, videos and DVDs from any Suffolk library for collection either at the information centre or the library of their choice.
The centre can also be used as a drop-off point for loans from any Suffolk library. Visitors to the centre who are not library users can also register here and then go on to use all of Suffolk's 42 libraries and eight rural library links.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 4 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 7 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
The new library service will be officially launched by councillor Kathy Pollard, member of the council's executive committee next Tuesday at 12 noon.
Mrs Pollard said: "It is one of our key priorities to give more people easier access to our services and this new link will give even more people access to the Suffolk library service. The new service will be easy to use and will be a useful facility for many people in Ipswich."
The county council Information Centre is open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 1pm on Saturday.