Boost for Lifesaver appeal
A BID to buy a state-of-the-art cardiac ultrasound machine for Ipswich Hospital is a step closer today after a generous £1,200 donation.Ipswich company Call Connection is the latest organisation to hand a cheque over to The Evening Star's appeal.
A BID to buy a state-of-the-art cardiac ultrasound machine for Ipswich Hospital is a step closer today after a generous £1,200 donation.
Ipswich company Call Connection is the latest organisation to hand a cheque over to The Evening Star's appeal.
Managing director Graeme Kalbraier said: “For many years we have supported the Star's annual appeal and our staff have raised money in various ways.
“Each year fantastic appeals are put forward and this year was no different.
“We are pleased to make the donation for such a good cause.”
The Lifesaver Appeal is aiming to raise £22,000 for a cardiac ultrasound machine for Ipswich Hospital's accident and emergency department.
- 1 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 2 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 3 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 4 Fire breaks out in field near Westbourne Park in Ipswich
- 5 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
- 6 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 7 Car damaged after object thrown from bridge over A14 outside Ipswich
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 9 Ipswich coffee shop owner receives award from PM
- 10 Ban on BBQs at Suffolk beauty spot due to extreme heat
The machine quickly helps doctors diagnose acute cardiac conditions, including heart failure, and is expected to help around 1,000 people every year.
Currently, the hospital relies on older technology such as x-rays. It has other ultrasound machines in the radiology department but often A&E patients need a scan immediately and the new machine will be on hand 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
The state-of-the-art machine can also do other ultrasound scans besides those for the heart.
We still need you donations to help us reach the Lifesaver appeal target and are today asking community groups and businesses to consider holding a fundraising event to help out. We can provide you with posters to display to help you encourage your friends, customers and colleagues to dig deep and help us reach the target.
If you would like to hold an event, call reporter Hazel Byford on 01473 324836.
n You can also support the appeal by sending a cheque made out to Lifesaver: Evening Star Appeal, to 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP4 1AN. You can also donate online.
Shoppers at East of England Co-operative Society stores can help by using the special dividend number 977.