Boots celebrate 120 years in Ipswich town centre
A national pharmacist which has been a mainstay in Ipswich has celebrated having a presence in the town centre for 120 years.
Staff at Boots, in Tavern Street, marked the occasion with banners and posters at the front of the store and also wore fancy dress. The first branch to open in the town was at 50-52 Westgate Street in 1896.
Caroline Fisk, general manager, said: “We’ve been building up for the anniversary since May and some customers have been coming in telling us their memories.
“We’re proud to be part of Ipswich town centre.”
Miss Fisk added the store was also helping out former staff at the recently-closed BHS store in the town in order to get them into work before Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
The chain’s store in Woodbridge Road East will also be moving to the Two Rivers Medical Centre soon.
- 1 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 2 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 3 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 4 Ipswich woman who punched partner in face is ordered to pay compensation
- 5 Ipswich carer stole £570 from autistic client's bank account
- 6 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 7 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 8 Tesco introduces permanent quiet hours at its stores
- 9 Fresh warning to parents after children re-enact Squid Game on playgrounds
- 10 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved