Boris wants Amy to say yes, yes, yes
BORIS Johnson wants to form an unlikely double act… with troubled singer Amy Winehouse.The London mayoral candidate wants to sign Winehouse up for his campaign after he was snubbed by Sir Elton John, who has opted to support the Tory MP's Lib Dem rival, Brian Paddick.
BORIS Johnson wants to form an unlikely double act… with troubled singer Amy Winehouse.
The London mayoral candidate wants to sign Winehouse up for his campaign after he was snubbed by Sir Elton John, who has opted to support the Tory MP's Lib Dem rival, Brian Paddick.
Johnson told London radio station LBC 97.3 FM: “I'm very disappointed by this, by the way, because Elton and David Furnish send us a Christmas card every year.
“I couldn't believe it when he suddenly announced that he was backing ex-commander Paddick. I couldn't believe it. Anyway, there you go. Elton and I are going to have to see what's going on.
"I'd love to get Amy Winehouse. I think she'd be fantastic.'
He said that Winehouse could record a new version of her hit single Rehab: “Ken Livingstone - no, no, no.”
- 1 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 2 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
- 3 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
- 4 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 5 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 6 Ipswich climber's death was a 'tragic and unexpected accident'
- 7 Victim bundled into car and hit with hammer, robbery and kidnap trial hears
- 8 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 10 A14 closed after crash involving lorry and car
Livingstone is standing for a third term as London mayor in the May 1 elections.