Boss's grand gesture to employees
ELECTRICAL firm boss Chris Powell is today vying for the title of Ipswich's most generous employer.Seventeen of his staff at CJ Electrical have just returned to work after a trip to Spain to watch the grand prix in Barcelona - courtesy of their gaffer.
ELECTRICAL firm boss Chris Powell is today vying for the title of Ipswich's most generous employer.
Seventeen of his staff at CJ Electrical have just returned to work after a trip to Spain to watch the grand prix in Barcelona - courtesy of their gaffer.
The trip also included a stay in a four-star hotel, three slap up meals and either a boat trip along Barcelona's coast or a tour of FC Barcelona's Nou Camp football stadium.
Mr Powell is the managing director at the company, based at Elton Park Business Centre on Hadleigh Road.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It was a team-building exercise and chance to say well done
“I've been going to Barcelona with some electrical contractors for about seven years but this year decided it was the electricians who deserved it as much as anyone.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 7 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 10 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
“They did the company proud as they thankfully behaved themselves - I was a bit worried taking that many lads away together.”
Mr Powell said everyone had a great time and he now hopes to make it an annual event.
The employees, who made a small contribution towards the trip, travelled out last Friday afternoon, came home Sunday evening and were back to work Monday morning.
Electrician Matt Brown, 24, said: “It really brought the team together.
“We were all in high-spirits and now there are loads of in-jokes when you go to the yard in the morning.
“It was the first time I've been to a grand prix and it was nice to have all the activities laid on, so you didn't need to worry about organising things.
“We just relaxed, soaked up the sun and had a good laugh.”
Do you think your boss is the most generous employer in town? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to email@example.com