Bosses back Snoasis dream with cash
BOSSES behind Snoasis, the massive indoor ski complex planned for Suffolk, today pledged to invest millions of pounds in the project – before it's even given the go-ahead. But prospects for the centre could still hinge on a blueprint for East Anglia's future.
BOSSES behind Snoasis, the massive indoor ski complex planned for Suffolk, today pledged to invest millions of pounds in the project – before it's even given the go-ahead.
Developers for the enormous centre, which would be based at Great Blakenham, say they expect to spend £2.5million on professional fees to ensure the £300m resort is given the best possible chance of success.
But its future could still hinge on its inclusion in a blueprint on future developments in East Anglia.
If the proposal is mentioned in the regional plan, due to be announced in February, it would clear the way for a planning application to follow, probably in the spring of 2004. Failure to be included could delay the completion date by two years.
You may also want to watch:
Godfrey Spanner, the driving force behind the development, said: "If Great Blakenham is mentioned as a specific area for a destination resort, it will be a winner. If the former Mason's Quarry is mentioned it will be a hands-down winner."
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 3 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 4 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 5 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 6 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast