Travellers leave Ipswich’s Bourne Park
- Credit: Archant
Caravans which moved onto an Ipswich park last week and set up camp are understood to have left there this afternoon.
Around 10 caravans and other vehicles are believed to have moved in to Bourne Park, in the south of the town, on the evening of September 9.
They are thought to have gained access through the Stoke Park drive entrance of the park.
Council officials had been looking to “secure possession” of the site earlier this week, a process that is no longer necessary.
An Ipswich Borough Council spokesman said: “We had started the process of regaining possession, but we were informed they had left the site at around 4.30pm today.”
You may also want to watch:
No rubbish is thought to have been left in the park.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties