Two teenagers arrested after 14-year-old robbed near Ipswich college
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A teenager was robbed and threatened with assault after being approached by a gang of four outside Suffolk New College.
Two boys, aged 13 and 14, have been arrested after a teenager was robbed near to the college on Rope Walk in Ipswich.
The 14-year-old victim was approached by four teenagers on Thursday night at around 7.40pm, who asked if he was listening to music.
One of the teenagers then grabbed the victim’s mobile phone and headphones from his hand, before handing both back with the threat that he would be assaulted if he went after the group.
Two teenagers, aged 13 and 14, have both been arrested on suspicion of robbery and taken to Marltesham Police investigation Centre for questioning, where they remain.
Officers believe that several members of the public walked past the group around the time of the incident, which took place on a path near to the ‘Goals’ football pitches at the college, and are keen to speak to them as potential witnesses.
Anyone who witnessed the incident or saw any suspicious activity should contact Ipswich CID on 101, quoting crime reference 37/52646/18.
- 1 Ipswich bricklayer dragged wife out of car before kicking and punching her
- 2 'Despicable racism' condemned after letter in post
- 3 Ipswich man appears in court charged with child sex offences
- 4 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 5 Homeless man allegedly stabbed man who offered help
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Fire crews called to fire on flat balcony in busy Ipswich road
- 8 School in Ipswich 'proud' of good Ofsted report
- 9 Peugeot stolen from Ipswich pub car park
- 10 Delays on A14 after Orwell Bridge incident
Alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.