Boy, 16, in intensive care after suffering multiple stab wounds in Landseer Road, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is in intensive care with stab wounds after reports of a stabbing in Landseer Road, Ipswich, last night.
Police and paramedics were called at 10.39pm last night, Saturday, August 19, where a 16-year-old boy was found with multiple stab wounds to his body and legs.
The spokesman said the teenager was taken to Ipswich Hospital and remained in a stable but serious condition in intensive care.
The offenders are believed to have left the scene on foot, walking away from town, in the direction of Nacton Road.
Last night police said they were trying to trace three potential witnesses – three teenage boys, described as white and aged between 14 and 16, who were walking into town along Landseer Road from Nacton Road at the time of the incident. They may have vital information to assist the investigation.
A paramedic was on the scene within four minutes, with an ambulance arriving six minutes after the call was made.
A spokeswoman from the East of England Ambulance service said they were called to one patient – the 16-year-old boy – who was stabilised at the scene before being taken to Ipswich Hospital with “very serious injuries”.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Wallets stolen and bank cards used after cars broken into
Officers have cordoned off the property in Landseer Road, close to the junction with Gloucester Road, where the 16-year-old was found.
It is understood that the occupants of the house had no involvement with the stabbing however.
A thorough investigation is underway, although no-one has currently been arrested.
Nearby neighbours said the incident was out of character for the area, with no issues having been reported around there before.
Officers confirmed the 16-year-old did not live in Landseer Road, and that there had been no wider threat to public safety.
The incident comes just one week after a stabbing and assault was reported in Grimwade Street, Ipswich, where a man in his 20s suffered a punctured lung.
A second man in his 20s had sustained a broken arm during the incident.
In June police said there had been an increase in the number of youngsters carrying knives, while latest figures from Suffolk police issued last week revealed more than 700 bladed items had been handed in.
Officers are appealing for anyone with information to call 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.