Boy, 10, airlifted to hospital after Kesgrave crash
- Credit: Archant
A 10-year-old boy is seriously ill in hospital after a car and a bicycle collided in Bell Lane.
Police were called at 6.49pm this evening with reports of a crash involving a car and a bike in Bell Lane, close to the junction with Foxhall Road, on the outskirts of Ipswich.
The cyclist, a 10-year-old boy, has been airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital with serious injuries.
Next of kin have been made aware of his condition.
At least three police cars have been spotted at the scene of the collision, close to the side entrance to Foxhall Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said the incident is not being treated as suspicious.
The road will be closed for the foreseeable future.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 9 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 10 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
More to come.