Boy played with fire
A FOUR-year-boy set curtains alight in a flat in Wickham Market after playing with a lighter.Horrified dad James Dellar, evacuated the building with son Scott as the flames leapt up the fabric and across the curtain pole.
By Amanda Cresswell
A FOUR-year-boy set curtains alight in a flat in Wickham Market after playing with a lighter.
Horrified dad James Dellar, evacuated the building with son Scott as the flames leapt up the fabric and across the curtain pole.
Surveying the damage after Saturday's blaze, night shift worker Mr Dellar said: "I was asleep in the sitting room and woke up to find my son was in hysterics. It was a shock, but we managed to get out OK."
You may also want to watch:
Luckily no one was injured in the blaze in a ground floor flat at Deben Court on Chapel Lane.
Mr Dellar, who works part-time at John Menzies, spent the weekend clearing up the damage. The fire had also spread to the ceiling.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 5 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 6 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 9 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 10 Triumph Tiger rider denies being over alcohol limit
The 31-year-old, said: "The strange thing is I thought about buying a smoke alarm that day. I have got one now though."
It was the second time Scott has set something alight. He also once set fire to his teddy bear.