Boys injured on railway line
A TEENAGER suffered serious burns today when he came into contact with high-voltage overhead cables on a railway line.British Transport Police said they were called at 12.
A TEENAGER suffered serious burns today when he came into contact with high-voltage overhead cables on a railway line.
British Transport Police said they were called at 12.40pm to reports that two teenage boys were on the track near Norwich station.
A spokesman said: “One of the boys had suffered serious electrical burns on all of his limbs.
“He was taken to hospital by air ambulance. It appears he has come into contact with overhead cables, although it is not clear how this happened.
“He was conscious and breathing when the ambulance arrived.”
The spokesman said the boys were both aged 13 and from the local area.
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 4 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 7 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 8 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 9 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 10 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
Train services were delayed while an investigation was launched into the incident.