Bridge death appeal
POLICE are appealing for information surrounding the death of an Ipswich teenager who fell from the Orwell Bridge.Daniel Long's body was found under the bridge on Sunday and a post mortem revealed that he had died as the result of injuries sustained from a fall.
POLICE are appealing for information surrounding the death of an Ipswich teenager who fell from the Orwell Bridge.
Daniel Long's body was found under the bridge on Sunday and a post mortem revealed that he had died as the result of injuries sustained from a fall.
Mr Long, 19, had been reported missing from his home in Coleness Road a day earlier.
An inquest is due to be carried out but police are asking for assistance in providing a full report to the coroner.
You may also want to watch:
They would like to hear from anyone who may have been travelling over the Orwell Bridge between 11pm on Friday February 10 and 4am on Saturday February 11 and may have seen a group of teenagers walking over the bridge.
Anyone with information should contact Det Insp Dave Cutler at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 6 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast