Bridge jumper fears allayed
POLICE were called into action following reports a man was set to jump from the Orwell Bridge.Officers attended the landmark early yesterday morning following a call from a motorist.
POLICE were called into action following reports a man was set to jump from the Orwell Bridge.
Officers attended the landmark early yesterday morning following a call from a motorist. However after speaking to the man it turned out to be a false alarm.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said the man was approached by officers at around 2.30am and told them he had simply been walking across the bridge while “cooling off” following an argument.
The spokesman said: “Officers spoke to him and sent him on his way.
You may also want to watch:
“Quite often people like to walk across the bridge and motorists automatically assume they are there to jump.”
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 9 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 10 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub