Revamp to close lane on busy road for six weeks
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
One lane on a busy road will be shut for six weeks as part of an ongoing revamp near Ipswich Waterfront, highways bosses have announced.
The left hand lane on Bridge Street, heading in the direction of Stoke and Wherstead Road, is to close from March 4 as part of improvement works on St Peter’s Wharf.
It will be shut from the roundabout to the entrance of St Peter’s Dock, although the road connecting College Street to Bridge Street will remain open.
Vehicles wanting to enter St Peter’s Dock will still have access, although restrictions are being put in place for heavy goods vehicles.
A Suffolk Highways spokesman said: “We do not expect there to be any delays for people’s journeys but we will be monitoring the situation daily and will act if necessary.”
You may also want to watch:
The council run car park will also be closed for two weeks. Improvement works for the £750,000 scheme have now entered their second phase.
- 1 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 2 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 4 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 5 Tributes paid to Ipswich's 'best-loved shopkeeper' Hajara 'Sid' Singh
- 6 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 7 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 8 Severe delays on A14 following collision between lorry and car
- 9 Death of 'happy go lucky' woman could not have been predicted
- 10 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star