Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- Credit: Lauren De Boise
Britain's poshest train, the Northern Belle, will be passing through Ipswich next year as part of a sightseeing trip.
The train will be departing from Ipswich station at 8.15am on June 30 next year to take East Anglian passengers on a tour of the ancient Roman city of Chester.
A champagne reception and fine dining will be provided to the passengers, including a three course brunch on the outward journey and a seven course dinner.
Once belonging to the Orient express group, the luxury train is made up of 1930s style Pullman carriages named after famous castles and stately homes.
Tickets cost £375 per passenger.
The Northern Belle is also offering shorter round trips including a classic afternoon tea or seven course meal travel lunch.
You may also want to watch:
Both of these excursions depart from Ipswich at 1.15pm on July 1.
All journeys feature strolling musicians and table magicians to entertain the guests.
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 6 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 9 HSBC announces temporary closure of Ipswich branch
- 10 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain