Britain’s Got Talent scouts to visit Ipswich in search for future stars
- Credit: Tom Dymond/Thames/Syco/REX Shutt
Hit television show Britain’s Got Talent will be searching for Ipswich’s boldest, best and brightest stars as auditions for the 2019 series role into town.
Punters are encouraged to wow the judges by singing, dancing and performing in the first round of auditions at the Regent Theatre on Saturday, October 6, from noon to 4pm.
Performers will be looking to follow in the footsteps of Suffolk magician Matt Edwards, who fought his way to last year’s final as they attend the annual auditions.
Executive producer Charlie Irwin said: “Britain’s Got Talent 2018 was a fantastic year for talent full of variety with, for the first time ever, a comedian winning the show.
“Now, we can’t wait to see what talent you’re ready to bring to the BGT stage in 2019. Anyone can apply - there is no age limit and we are looking for all kinds of talents.
“So, if you feel you have something special to show us, no matter what it is, then make sure you apply, you never know where it might take you.”
On Saturday hopefuls are asked to register on arrival – under-18s must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 8 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 9 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 10 Lorry overturns on A14 roundabout in Felixstowe
The final winners of the show will receive a mean £250,000 and a prestigious spot on the Royal Variety Show to perform in front of members of the Royal Family at the Royal Albert Hall.
Former winners include dancing superstars Diversity and Lost Voice Guy who wowed audiences last year with his edgy comedy to win the show’s 12th series.
They also include Susan Boyle - who has since sold more than 23 million records worldwide - and Diversity, who have sold out seven nationwide tours and are about to embark on their eighth UK tour Ignite.
Just four years ago, Collabro won BGT and band member Matt Pagan is starring at the Regent Theatre this winter in the magical pantomime Snow White.
Auditions of the show are also due to take place in Lowestoft as producers look for potential future stars.
For more information on how to sign up, visit ITV.com/Talent
Are you going along to the auditions? Tell us by emailing email@example.com