British Olympic Association chairman Sir Hugh Robertson gives talk at Orwell Park School, Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Orwell Park School was ‘delighted’ to be visited by the Olympic chairman as part of a sports lecture series.
Sir Hugh Robertson, chairman of the British Olympic Association, came along to the boarding school in Nacton, near Ipswich, to talk about how team GB delivered during the 2012 Games and where Olympic Sport goes next.
Sir Robertson also met the school’s athletes who are all at county or national standards.
Adrian Brown, Orwell Park School Headmaster, said: ”We are delighted to have such a distinguished speaker for our Orangery Lecture series.
“He gave us a fascinating insight into the Organisation of the London Olympics 2012 as well as the strategy for the future Olympics.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope he inspired some future Olympians in the audience.”
Athletics, Skiing, Gymnastics, Tennis, Cycling, Show Jumping, Archery, Shooting and Sailing are just some of the successful sports programmes the school covers throughout the year.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
For more information about Orwell Park School you can visit their website at orwellpark.co.uk or call 01473 659225