Briton killed in Portugal
A BRITON was stabbed to death in Lisbon early today after England's victory over Croatia in the Euro 2004 tournament.Portuguese police said a Ukrainian man was being held in connection with the killing, which is believed to have happened during an attempted robbery.
A BRITON was stabbed to death in Lisbon early today after England's victory over Croatia in the Euro 2004 tournament.
Portuguese police said a Ukrainian man was being held in connection with the killing, which is believed to have happened during an attempted robbery.
The Foreign Office in London confirmed that a British man had been killed but was unable to give any further information.
The stabbing happened at around 4am in Rossio Square in the Portuguese capital, police spokeswoman Isabel Canelas said.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, police are investigating a disturbance outside Yates' pub in Ipswich after a man was struck with a bottle.
Anyone with any information should contact Pc Jon Driver on 01473 613500 or phone Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 3 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 4 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 5 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 6 New walking trail explores 'key role' Suffolk played in Anglo-Saxon history
- 7 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 10 'Teaching means the world' - school in Ipswich unveils new deputy head