Broken ankle agony for moped teenager
A TEENAGER is today nursing a broken ankle after he collided with a car in Ipswich.The incident happened just before 8.50am at Bishops Hill, in Ipswich, near to the junction with Pownall Road, when the young man, on a moped, collided with an Isuzu car.
A TEENAGER is today nursing a broken ankle after he collided with a car in Ipswich.
The incident happened just before 8.50am at Bishops Hill, in Ipswich, near to the junction with Pownall Road, when the young man, on a moped, collided with an Isuzu car.
Acting sergeant Paul Smith said: “It was not believed to be serious on the first officer's arrival but the lad was later taken to Ipswich hospital with very serious injuries.”
Ambulance crews feared the moped driver could face losing his leg but after he was x-rayed at Ipswich Hospital he was found to have suffered a broken ankle.
The male driver of the Isuzu car, not believed to be from the Ipswich area, said he felt shaken after the incident.
Motorists were delayed for up to 15 minutes while police cordoned off the road, interviewed possible witnesses and ambulance crews arrived to take the male casualty to hospital.
- 1 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 2 33-year-old found safe after police search
- 3 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 4 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 New 'grab and go' vegan café on Ipswich Waterfront set to open in spring
- 7 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 8 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 9 Town to gather to remember flood victims 69 years on
- 10 Do you recognise these old Tolly Cobbold pubs?
Anyone who witnessed the incident are asked to call PC Ben Coomb from Suffolk Police on 01473 613500.
Did you see the incident on Bishop's Hill? Contact the Evening Star news desk on 01473 324788 or e-mail email@example.com.