Broken down freight train causes cancellations between Ipswich and Manningtree
- Credit: Archant
There are delays to Greater Anglia services this afternoon because a train has broken down south of Ipswich.
A statement on the train operating company’s website said some lines to London Liverpool Street had been blocked by the incident.
The exact location was given as Halifax Junction, where the branch line to the Port of Ipswich’s west bank terminal joins the main line.
As a result of the breakdown services travelling through Ipswich may be subjected to delays or revisions, or in some cases cancellation.
Although a rescue train is being prepared at Ipswich the disruption caused by the incident is likely to last until around 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Greater Anglia apologised on its website for the delays.
Passengers who have had their journeys delayed by 30 minutes or more may be entitled to compensation.
You can find out more information about Greater Anglia’s delay repay scheme by visiting its website here.
- 1 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea