Heavy traffic on the A12 after lorry breaks down
- Credit: Archant
A side of the northbound A12 carriageway was closed at the Copdock interchange after the road was partially blocked by a broken down lorry.
Suffolk police were called at 2.20pm today after reports of a “stalled” truck on the A12 at junction 55 with the A14.
The closure is causing a gradual build-up of slow-moving and queuing traffic back to the junction with Roman Road.
Recovery vehicles have been called to the scene, with Suffolk Constabulary officers currently waiting at the scene.
Officers on social media say that one of the lanes remains open on the northbound side but warn motorists to expect delays on approach.
Highways England were originally set to re-open the road between 4pm and 4.15pm.
However it was not opened until 4.40pm.
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 5 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 6 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 7 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 8 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 9 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 10 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
Police were able to leave the scene shortly after.
No other emergency services were needed to attend the scene.