Broken down train causes delays on trains from Ipswich, Colchester, Clacton and Norwich heading towards London
- Credit: Archant
Rail passengers travelling from Ipswich, Clacton, Colchester and Norwich to London are facing delays this morning due to a broken down freight train.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said services running through Colchester railway station may be cancelled or delayed by up to 20 minutes or revised.
The disruption is expected to continue until 9.30am.
He said: “A freight train has broken down between Marks Tey and Colchester on the Colchester bound line.”
“A replacement locomotive is now enroute to rescue the broken down freight train.”
You may also want to watch:
He said due to reduced line capacity between the two stations, some services will terminate at Witham or Colchester with passengers needing to take a connecting service to London.
The 8am Colchester Town to London Liverpool Street service, due at 9.21am, the 9.18am London Liverpool Street to Clacton-on-Sea service, due at 10.44am and the 9.38am London Liverpool Street to Colchester Town, due at 10.49am, will be affected by the disruption.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 9 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 10 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
The 7.38am Ipswich to London Liverpool Street, due at 9.01am, is also expected to be delayed.
For more information on how this will affect your commute into London today see here.