Broken traffic lights at A12/A14 Copdock Interchange
Work is still being carried out to repair a set of broken traffic lights at the Copdock Interchange which reportedly failed at 9pm last night.
The traffic lights failed at the roundabout exiting the A12 Ipswich-bound.
The fault was tweeted by police at 2.48am this morning. It was reportedly broken at 9pm last night although this has not been confirmed.
The lights are working Colchester-bound, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
The force spokesman said the fault has been reported to Highways England, which has been contacted for comment by this newspaper.
A Highways England spokesman said: “We became aware overnight of a fault with traffic lights at the A12/A14 Copdock interchange and are working as fast as we can to repair them.
“Our engineers are on-site now to assess the fault before we can carry out the repairs.”
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 7 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 10 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
We have asked them what time it was reported.
This morning, the AA reported “heavy traffic” in the area and urged motorists to approach the junction with care.