Bryan heads our way
FORMER Westlife star Brian McFadden is bringing his debut headlining UK tour to Ipswich. The Irish singer is booked in for a performance at the Regent on May 15 and tickets, which go on sale on Monday, are expected to sell fast.
FORMER Westlife star Brian McFadden is bringing his debut headlining UK tour to Ipswich.
The Irish singer is booked in for a performance at the Regent on May 15 and tickets, which go on sale on Monday, are expected to sell fast.
Brian will be taking in 24 towns and cities accompanied by a full band to perform tracks from his debut solo album, Irish Son, as well as some familiar favourites.
It will be his first major tour since quitting Westlife in March last year.
He said: "I can't wait to tour with this album.
"I am really looking forward to heading out on the road to visit some places I haven't been for ages and some I've never been to at all.
- 1 Firefighters tackling fire near popular Suffolk hotel and spa
- 2 'Really concerning' – Shock after machete attack at Ipswich sports centre
- 3 Popular family-run butchers announces closure
- 4 Two teenagers charged after man injured in machete attack
- 5 Tributes paid to Ipswich man who could 'make magic happen'
- 6 85 school children under 4 suspended in Suffolk
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 New details of plans to convert Ipswich church into music venue revealed
- 9 Can you spot yourself in our Festival of Wheels gallery?
- 10 Another heatwave on its way as temperatures set to soar in Suffolk
"I love the energy of performing with my band the way it brings my new songs to life."
Brian first found musical fame as one fifth of Irish boyband Westlife, enjoying a record number of number one singles and huge international success. However, last year he left Kian, Shane, Mark and Nicky behind to pursue his own musical route.
His debut solo single Real To Me started off his new career path exceptionally well when it entered the charts at number one and the follow up, Irish Son, was also a top ten smash.
His latest single, Almost Here, which was released yesterday, sees him teaming up with Australian singer Delta Goodrem and looks set to continue his solo success.
Since leaving Westlife, Brian has also been a regular feature of gossip and showbiz columns with his romantic entanglements recently overshadowing his music.
His marriage to former Atomic Kitten star Kerry Katona, with who he has two daughters, came to an end at the end of last year and since then much has been reported about the split. He is now romantically linked to Delta.
n Brian McFadden will be at Ipswich Regent on May 15. Tickets cost £21.50 (plus booking fee) and will be on sale at 10am on Monday at the Corn Exchange box office, by calling 01473 433100 or online at www.ipswichregent.co.uk. Alternately call 0870 735 5000 or visit www.bookingsdirect.com from 9am.