Bryan heads our way
FORMER Westlife star Brian McFadden is bringing his debut headlining UK tour to Ipswich. The Irish singer is booked in for a performance at the Regent on May 15 and tickets, which go on sale on Monday, are expected to sell fast.
FORMER Westlife star Brian McFadden is bringing his debut headlining UK tour to Ipswich.
The Irish singer is booked in for a performance at the Regent on May 15 and tickets, which go on sale on Monday, are expected to sell fast.
Brian will be taking in 24 towns and cities accompanied by a full band to perform tracks from his debut solo album, Irish Son, as well as some familiar favourites.
It will be his first major tour since quitting Westlife in March last year.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "I can't wait to tour with this album.
"I am really looking forward to heading out on the road to visit some places I haven't been for ages and some I've never been to at all.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 4 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 10 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
"I love the energy of performing with my band the way it brings my new songs to life."
Brian first found musical fame as one fifth of Irish boyband Westlife, enjoying a record number of number one singles and huge international success. However, last year he left Kian, Shane, Mark and Nicky behind to pursue his own musical route.
His debut solo single Real To Me started off his new career path exceptionally well when it entered the charts at number one and the follow up, Irish Son, was also a top ten smash.
His latest single, Almost Here, which was released yesterday, sees him teaming up with Australian singer Delta Goodrem and looks set to continue his solo success.
Since leaving Westlife, Brian has also been a regular feature of gossip and showbiz columns with his romantic entanglements recently overshadowing his music.
His marriage to former Atomic Kitten star Kerry Katona, with who he has two daughters, came to an end at the end of last year and since then much has been reported about the split. He is now romantically linked to Delta.
n Brian McFadden will be at Ipswich Regent on May 15. Tickets cost £21.50 (plus booking fee) and will be on sale at 10am on Monday at the Corn Exchange box office, by calling 01473 433100 or online at www.ipswichregent.co.uk. Alternately call 0870 735 5000 or visit www.bookingsdirect.com from 9am.