Bucklesham Grange Care Home in Ipswich wins Hallmark in Bloom gardening award
- Credit: Archant
Bucklesham Grange Care Home in Ipswich has won the ‘best resident engagement’ award at the annual Hallmark in Bloom gardening competition.
The home was praised for its efforts in getting residents into gardening activities where possible.
Two residents –86-year-old Jack Stockings and Peter Pearson, 75, were also winners receiving the ‘carry on gardening’ prize.
The competition and awards aim to get people involved in their gardens, whether that is doing some work in the garden or just enjoying the space.
Kirsty Thomas, lifestyle leader at Bucklesham Grange said: “It was such a fantastic day and it feels amazing that the hard work of the team and residents at Bucklesham Grange has been recognised.
You may also want to watch:
“Our aim was to transform our gardens and involve every resident in our judging day. We wanted to show off how much work was put into our gardens and how it was a whole home effort.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 6 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 7 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 8 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 9 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 10 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial