Builder runs to raise cash for charity
BIG-hearted Stowmarket builder Tony Fowles has laid the foundations for marathon success this month.He will be taking part in the London Marathon in April, raising hundreds of pounds for Suffolk charities.
BIG-hearted Stowmarket builder Tony Fowles has laid the foundations for marathon success this month.
He will be taking part in the London Marathon, raising hundreds of pounds for Suffolk charities.
In order to train for the run Tony undertakes a ten to 12 mile run during the week and a further 18-20 miles at the weekend.
Tony will be raising money for Ipswich-based charity, Ormiston Children and Families Trust which helps deprived children and also provides crèches for families who are unable to afford them.
"I'm really looking forward to taking part and when I'm tired the thought of the charity just spurs me on," he said.
In total he hopes to raise £1,500 with the help of three main sponsors - Needham Market-based band Smouldering Sons, Home Financial Consultants at Hamilton Smith Estate Agents and the Swan pub in Needham.
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 5 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 6 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 7 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 8 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 9 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 10 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
He is also appealing to his old school class at Stowmarket High School for sponsors. The class of '77 will be reunited on the April 24 for their Jubilee celebration.