Builder tells of bizarre sighting
DID you spot a UFO flying over Ipswich yesterday morning? If you did you wouldn't be alone. A 34-year-old builder is today convinced he can't have been the only one to spot three strange objects in the morning sky.
DID you spot a UFO flying over Ipswich yesterday morning? If you did you wouldn't be alone.
A 34-year-old builder is today convinced he can't have been the only one to spot three strange objects in the morning sky.
Marcus Normanton, of St Neots, was working on St Frances tower, in Franciscan Way, when he noticed something odd in the skies above.
He said: “It was about 6.40am-ish. I was watching a jet go over on its way into Stansted. I happened to look up again and I saw two small objects tracking to the right of it.
“They cris-crossed and shot straight up into the air.”
Strange enough already you may think, but Mr Normanton, who admits to being rather unnerved by the experience, saw still more.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 Two Magpies Bakery set to open in Woodbridge after rapid revamp of store
He said: “A second later I saw a larger object following them and this time I could hear the noise it made. It was like a orange glow colour and it was quite bright.”
Mr Normanton, assistant site manager at the tower, said he was formerly a sceptic about UFOs.
He said: “I didn't think anyone would believe me and can you imagine the stick I'm going to get on the building site? But I'm sure someone else would have seen what I saw.
“I can't be the only one. It was unbelievable. I could hear it as well.”
He added: “I hadn't been drinking the night before either. I'm sure I wasn't just seeing things.”
When asked by the Evening Star is Suffolk police had received calls about the incident as spokeswoman said no one had reported any UFOs.
Did you see a UFO flying over Ipswich at about 6.40am on October 27? Contact James Marston on 01473 324788 if you did.