Building collapses in London
EMERGENCY services were called to a building just metres away from Scotland Yard in London after two-floors of it collapsed.Eye-witnesses said they thought a bomb had gone off at the building in Dean Farrar Street after the toptwo storeys fell in.
EMERGENCY services were called to a building just metres away from Scotland Yard in London after two-floors of it collapsed.
Eye-witnesses said they thought a bomb had gone off at the building housing London campaign office of Labour deputy leadership candidate Hazel Blears, in Dean Farrar Street, after the top two storeys fell in.
Around 50 firefighters attended the scene shortly after 4pm but reports are now stating the building was undergoing renovation work and it is suspected an accident occurred.
It is thought one person was treated for minor injuries and another person was trapped inside the building for hours after the incident.
Police moved pedestrians away from the scene and cordoned off the road.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 4 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 5 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 6 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products