Building firm receives award
AN IPSWICH-based building firm is today celebrating after scooping a top award for its conversion of a town centre churchJackson Building Services has won a high commendation for its work transforming St Nicholas Church, in Cromwell Square, into a new conference and resource centre.
AN IPSWICH-based building firm is today celebrating after scooping a top award for its conversion of a town centre church
Jackson Building Services has won a high commendation for its work transforming St Nicholas Church, in Cromwell Square, into a new conference and resource centre.
The award, from the Ipswich Society in the restoration and refurbishment category, acknowledges the architectural quality of the project.
Michael Manning, construction director for Jackson Building Services, said: “We are very proud of the St Nicholas Centre project with the restoration and refurbishment programme helping to conserve part of Ipswich's rich history, whilst providing a much needed resource for the community.
“Receiving formal recognition for the project is hugely gratifying and reinforces the company's commitment to delivering the highest quality solutions for our clients.”
The Ipswich Society was founded in 1960 to encourage conservation of the town's historic buildings, and the annual awards recognise the very best projects carried out within Ipswich.
- 1 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 2 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 3 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 5 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 6 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 7 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 8 Ipswich shop owner among UK's top 100 female business women
- 9 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 10 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
Jackson Building Services' sympathetic restoration and upgrade of the vacant church building into a new state-of-the-art conference venue proved a popular project with the judges and now provides much needed facilities for the Church, businesses and the local community.
The St Nicholas Centre is sited on a plot next to the Anglican Church's diocesan offices, with an striking glass hub linking these two buildings.
The renovation of the Grade II listed building has been designed to allow for conversion back into a church if demanded.
What do you think of the new centre? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org