Burglaries in Suffolk
POLICE are appealing for information today after burglaries at two Suffolk homes.Detectives are investigating the two burglaries in Coblers Way, Acton, near Sudbury on Saturday and are treating the first one as a distraction burglary.
POLICE are appealing for information today after burglaries at two Suffolk homes.
Detectives are investigating the two burglaries in Coblers Way, Acton, near Sudbury on Saturday and are treating the first one as a distraction burglary.
An 80-year-old woman was at home just after 6pm when she saw a man walking across her back garden towards the back door of her home.
She spoke to the man who said he needed to sort the water out and after a short while the man gained access to her home and pretended to work under the sink.
A second man then came to the door. He was denied access and the woman then spotted another man crawling around in her back garden. A silver money-box was stolen from the house.
One man is described as white, around 5ft 4ins, in his early to mid twenties, of heavy build with short dark hair and wearing a long-sleeved dark coloured jumper and dark trouser.
- 1 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 2 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 3 Two men spit at victim and demand money near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
- 6 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 7 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Overnight closures announced for Orwell Bridge works
- 10 Racing bike worth more than £1,000 stolen outside Sainsbury's in Ipswich
Another was white, of similar height and in his mid forties to early fifties, of medium build with short light brown hair and wearing a multi-coloured short-sleeved shirt and dark trousers.
A third was white, in his late teens to early twenties around 6ft and of slim build.
After the men left the home the woman was approached by her 85-year-old male neighbour.
He had been sitting outside when he had heard banging coming from the back of his house and went to investigate and saw four men standing outside his window, attempting to force it.
They were told to go away but barged in, pushing him to the floor and ripping the phone out of the wall.
A silver car was seen parked outside near a building site around the time.
Anyone with information should call Detective Sergeant Paul Crick on 01473 613500.