Burglars hunted after home targeted
POLICE are hunting two suspected burglars after a home in Ipswich was targeted.Officers sealed off a property in Elliott Street, close to London Road, at around 2pm yesterday after an attempted burglary at around 1.
POLICE are hunting two suspected burglars after a home in Ipswich was targeted.
Officers sealed off a property in Elliott Street, close to London Road, at around 2pm yesterday after an attempted burglary at around 1.10pm.
A 31-year-old woman living at the house was found nearby suffering with severe lacerations to the face.
Police initially linked her injuries, which required hospital treatment, to the burglary but are now confident the two are not connected.
A Spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: “Police are continuing to investigate an attempted burglary at the woman's home address but it has been determined that her injuries were not inflicted by the suspects and are not the result of criminal activity.”
A neighbour of the 31-year-old woman said she came across her in an alleyway at the rear of terraced properties in Elliott Street.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 5 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 6 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 7 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
The neighbour, who did not wish to be named said: “She was covered in blood and very distressed and very upset. She had several lacerations to her body and one severe cut on her face. As the cut opened it spurted blood.”
She said: “We all help each other out around here. She said she had arrived home to find two men in her house. I only met her for the first time a couple of days ago and she seemed a really nice lady. I hope she's OK.”
The woman was taken to Ipswich hospital for treatment.
Police have issued a description of the two men wanted in connection with the attempted burglary.
Both men are described as medium build, around 6ft and wearing dark hooded tops.
Anyone with any information should contact Becky Last at Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.