Burglary at Unishop Convenience in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Charity boxes were among items stolen from a convenience shop near Ipswich waterfront, police have said.
The burglary took place at Unishop Convenience in Grimwade Street between 12.01 and 5.30am on Wednesday, February 14.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said in a statement: “Offender/s forced entry into Uni Shop in Grimwade Street, Ipswich, stealing a quantity of cash and cigarettes.
“The offender/s forced a metal shutter half way up, before forcing entry through the front door.
“Upon entry, a quantity of mixed tobacco products was stolen alongside a quantity of cash from the till and charity boxes.”
A spokesman for the shop said it was the fourth burglary since 2016.
He said: “We hope police catch the convicts. We don’t know if it was the same group of people or not. We don’t understand why these people do it.”
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 4 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 5 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 6 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 7 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 8 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 9 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 10 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
Anyone who witnessed the incident or saw any suspicious activity is urged to call Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/8565/18 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.