Bury fire victim named by police
SUFFOLK police have released the name of the 27-year-old man who died in a house fire in Bury St Edmunds on Saturday morning. He has been named as Michael Alderton of Ashwell Road, Bury.
SUFFOLK police have released the name of the 27-year-old man who died in a house fire in Bury St Edmunds on Saturday morning.
He has been named as Michael Alderton of Ashwell Road, Bury.
Mr Alderton was taken to hospital along with a 26-year-old man after the fire occurred at 4.45am in Ashwell Road.
He was pronounced dead at West Suffolk hospital.
The 26-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds is the James Paget Hospital at Gorleston, Norfolk, were his condition is described as critical.
He has not been named by police and the fire is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 2 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 3 Ipswich primary school closed for 'maintenance investigations'
- 4 Ipswich man jailed for three years for attempted robbery
- 5 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 6 10 pictures of Ipswich pub's light switch-on
- 7 Ipswich Travelodge developer celebrates £7.4m bank backing
- 8 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
- 9 New Ipswich council houses and microhomes win awards
- 10 'My son has never seen a health visitor' - Pandemic parents battle