Bury St Edmunds: Double success for Greene King IPA range in 2013 Monde Selection awards
- Credit: Archant
BURY St Edmunds-based brewer Greene King has received two internationally-recognised quality awards for additions to its flagship Greene King IPA range of beers.
IPA Reserve and IPA Gold, which were launched last year in a major extension of the brand, have both been recognised in the 2013 Monde Selection awards, with IPA Reserve receiving a top “Grand Gold” award and IPA Gold a “Gold” award.
Chris Houlton, managing director of Greene King Brewing and Brands, said: “The pleasing thing for us about these awards is that they clearly demonstrate our commitment to quality and the care and attention we put into crafting our beers.
“We are incredibly proud of the Greene King IPA range, so it’s excellent to see both brand extensions being recognised at the highest level.”
At 5.4%abv (alcohol by volume), Greene King IPA Reserve is aimed at premium ale aficionados looking for distinctiveness and an indulgent beer to savour. Greene King IPA Gold, 4.1%abv, is a golden ale aimed at younger drinkers and those looking for a refreshing alternative to lager and cider.
You may also want to watch:
The awards come as Greene King IPA’s “Crafted for the Moment” advert returns to the nation’s TV screens as part of a £4million campaign to widen the appeal of ale and attract more drinkers.
Additionally, eight ads featuring the UK’s number one premium ale, Old Speckled Hen, are also scheduled as Greene King aims to create a more relevant image for the category.
- 1 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 2 Cinnabon chain coming to A14 service station
- 3 Drunk driver nearly caused head-on crash driving on wrong side of the road
- 4 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Ipswich man denies multiple rape offences as trial begins
- 7 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 8 Ipswich man led police on 55 mile chase at 120mph
- 9 First look at iconic venue The Baths ahead of Sound City Ipswich Festival
- 10 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich ahead of rush hour
Old Golden Hen became the third and final member of the Old Speckled Hen ”family” to win a Monde Selection Award when it was honoured last year.
Monde Selection tests consumer goods from all over the world before awarding Bronze, Silver, Gold and Grand Gold quality labels.
Nearly 3,000 products are tested each year by a panel of more than 70 independent judges, including Michelin starred chefs, members of the French Culinary Academy, brewing engineers, university lecturers, nutrition and health consultants and chemical engineers.
This year’s Monde Selection Awards will be presented during a ceremony in Stockholm on May 31.