Six injured after bus crashes into house in Henley
- Credit: Archant
Six people have been taken to hospital after a bus crashed into a house in Henley near Ipswich.
Police were called to reports of a collision involving a single-decker bus and a van on the village’s Main Road, close to the Cross Keys pub, at around 5.10pm today, Monday, March 18.
Nicola Stanmore, who lives at the house, said this is the third time in three years her home has been struck by a vehicle and that they had only just had the wall reinforced following the latest crash in June 2017.
She said she heard two loud bangs - one from the collision and then another when the bus struck her home.
“As soon as we heard the bang I knew what had happened, she said.
You may also want to watch:
“My uncle Thomas was sitting in the front room next to the window so he took the brunt of the glass.
“I got up when I heard the bang and ran out the front door.”
- 1 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 2 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 3 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 4 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 5 Tributes paid to Ipswich's 'best-loved shopkeeper' Hajara 'Sid' Singh
- 6 Closure of Debenhams stores in Suffolk and north Essex confirmed
- 7 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 8 Severe delays on A14 following collision between lorry and car
- 9 Death of 'happy go lucky' woman could not have been predicted
- 10 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
Mrs Stanmore said she went out to help those involved in the crash and to see if they needed medical attention.
A spokesman from Suffolk police said a bus had come off the road and struck a house following a collision with a van.
He said: “We were called at 5.08pm to a two vehicle road traffic collision on the Main Road in Henley involving a bus with passengers on board and a Peugeot Boxer van. “Initial reports suggest the bus had come off the road and collided with a house.
“One occupant of the van and five people from the bus, including the driver, have been taken to Ipswich Hospital along with a guide dog. “Another occupant, a 13-year-old, has gone home with her mother having been checked for injuries.
“The road is currently blocked.”
He added that all injuries appear to be minor.
The road was reopened just after 8pm.