Bus replacement on train lines between Ipswich and Felixstowe
Trains lines between Ipswich and Felixstowe are being replaced by buses today due to a spike in the number trains needing repairs.
A spokesman for Greater Anglia said that it is facing more train repairs than usual following a number of recent incidents on the tracks, including a train hitting a tree and vandalism.
Meanwhile, the company is reporting delays on services between Ipswich and Felixstowe due to a train fault.
Some services may be cancelled or delayed, with disruption expected until the end of the day.
The rail firm tweeted this morning: "The Ipswich-Felixstowe service on Monday, June 17, will be operated with rail replacement buses only.
You may also want to watch:
"This is due to a higher than average number of trains needing repairs following recent incidents including a train hitting a tree and vandalism."
They added: "Greater Anglia apologises for any inconvenience this may cause
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Norwich Road closed after crash near BMW garage
- 6 Felixstowe woman accused of setting fire to caravan and drink driving
- 7 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 8 Suffolk man waits 12 hours for ambulance after suffering stroke
- 9 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
"Customers for Westerfield to use the help point where alternative arrangements can be made."
For more information on train times see here.