Aldeburgh Hotels raise nearly £11,500 for Suffolk charities
- Credit: Archant
Charities benefit from hotels’ fundraising
TA Hotel Collection has raised a significant figure for local Suffolk charities through fundraising events and activities at its two sister hotels, the Brudenell and White Lion, both situated in Aldeburgh. Cheques totalling £11,428.65 were presented to the three charities by Peter Osborne, general manager of the two hotels.
The Brudenell Hotel added a discretionary £1 charge to all guests’ bills for overnight stays between April 1, 2014 and October 31, 2015; additionally funds were raised at the New Year’s Eve fireworks display on the beach opposite the hotel. The amount raised, £2,349.15, was donated in full to Town 102 Kids Trust.
The White Lion’s contribution of £9,079.50 comes from the very generous donations given by members of the public attending the live Music by the Sea open air concert; organised by Barry Dye Entertainments, it took place opposite the hotel last July.
The funds were split equally three ways with Town 102 Kids Trust, Help an East Coast Child and Aldeburgh United Charities each receiving £3,026.50.
Receiving the cheques was Sally Budden, Trustee Director of the Town 102 Kids Trust and Help an East Coast Child and Paul Morris, also from Town 102 Kids Trust. Attending from Aldeburgh United Charities were Aldeburgh Town Council Mayor and Trustee Cllr Mike Kiff; Treasurer, Jan Cox and Trustee Felicity Bisset.
Confirming both hotels ongoing support for the local charities Peter Osborne General Manager of the Brudenell and White Lion, said: “This considerable figure could not have been raised without the very generous support of our guests and the general public. I would like to sincerely thank all those who contributed and helped to make it possible. We already have several events planned for 2016 in support of the charities and look forward to welcoming everyone next year.”
- 1 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 6 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 7 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 8 Attempted theft as cyclist's bag unzipped by man
- 9 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 10 Care home residents ride in limos and see the Dream Boys post Covid
For details about the hotels visit www.brudenellhotel.co.uk and www.whitelion.co.uk