Aldeburgh Hotels raise nearly £11,500 for Suffolk charities
- Credit: Archant
Charities benefit from hotels’ fundraising
TA Hotel Collection has raised a significant figure for local Suffolk charities through fundraising events and activities at its two sister hotels, the Brudenell and White Lion, both situated in Aldeburgh. Cheques totalling £11,428.65 were presented to the three charities by Peter Osborne, general manager of the two hotels.
The Brudenell Hotel added a discretionary £1 charge to all guests’ bills for overnight stays between April 1, 2014 and October 31, 2015; additionally funds were raised at the New Year’s Eve fireworks display on the beach opposite the hotel. The amount raised, £2,349.15, was donated in full to Town 102 Kids Trust.
The White Lion’s contribution of £9,079.50 comes from the very generous donations given by members of the public attending the live Music by the Sea open air concert; organised by Barry Dye Entertainments, it took place opposite the hotel last July.
The funds were split equally three ways with Town 102 Kids Trust, Help an East Coast Child and Aldeburgh United Charities each receiving £3,026.50.
You may also want to watch:
Receiving the cheques was Sally Budden, Trustee Director of the Town 102 Kids Trust and Help an East Coast Child and Paul Morris, also from Town 102 Kids Trust. Attending from Aldeburgh United Charities were Aldeburgh Town Council Mayor and Trustee Cllr Mike Kiff; Treasurer, Jan Cox and Trustee Felicity Bisset.
Confirming both hotels ongoing support for the local charities Peter Osborne General Manager of the Brudenell and White Lion, said: “This considerable figure could not have been raised without the very generous support of our guests and the general public. I would like to sincerely thank all those who contributed and helped to make it possible. We already have several events planned for 2016 in support of the charities and look forward to welcoming everyone next year.”
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 5 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 6 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 7 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 8 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
For details about the hotels visit www.brudenellhotel.co.uk and www.whitelion.co.uk