Anniversary for successful local cleaning firm
- Credit: Archant
This year is the 40th anniversary of East Anglia’s leading contract cleaning company, Monthind Clean LLP
While there are lots of celebratory events planned, the company is not dwelling on the past; it views the anniversary as a springboard to even greater success.
Partner Tony Felgate said: “The company was founded by Christine Beedle MBE, and her hard work and dedication meant she was able to sell the company to Tony Clarke in 2000, boasting a very healthy turnover of £3.5 million. The company has an interesting history, and as part of our celebrations we will certainly be remembering the journey Monthind has taken. With its first clients in Suffolk , and many of its original staff residing there, the county plays a significant role in the company history. But there will be no melancholy reflection; we consider our longevity to be the underpinning of our bright future; something to be commemorated, and we have lots of exciting plans in the pipeline to do just that.”
Monthind is unique in many ways, it is proud to be personable but professional. The broad range of services, which includes specialist window cleaning, biohazard, deep and forensic cleans, janitorial supplies and services along with property maintenance, available to clients allows Monthind to offer corporate clients a full package of services.
Partner, Simon Biggs says, “Outsourcing these tasks to a service provider like Monthind makes sound financial sense to any company. Recruiting your own staff, training them in health and safety related processes, purchasing and replacing the equipment and materials required, managing these tasks and staff. The list goes on. With Monthind, you can get on with the job you are skilled to do, and we will get on with ours.”
As a result of the landscape of professional cleaning changing, bringing improved systems and equipment, much of Monthind’s work can be carried out during the day, without having a detrimental effect on the client’s operations.
“We can clean around our clients,” explains Simon Biggs, “This keeps costs down, and our 950 operatives are trained to be efficient and non-intrusive.” Staff development is taken very seriously by the company, ensuring compliance and efficiency, and the low turnover of employees is evidence of the care and support Monthind provides its workforce.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 A14 closed in both directions near Ipswich after four-vehicle crash
- 3 'He was a really good man' - Neighbour's shock following Ipswich house fire
- 4 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Mental health referral review after death of 'wonderful' 16-year-old boy
- 7 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
- 8 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
- 9 'I don't want families going through this' - Mum backs bridge campaign
- 10 Being called ‘woke’ by older people an ‘insult’ says Suffolk students
The Monthind team is recognised to be a formidable fund-raiser and instead of putting this on the back-burner during its anniversary year, the company aims to raise at least £5,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support.