Annual charity event at Ipswich business centre
- Credit: Archant
Basepoint businesses getting wiggy with it for young cancer patients
The team and occupants of Basepoint Business Centre in Ransomes Europark, Ipswich have pledged to get wiggy w on May 25 for children and young people’s cancer support charity CLIC Sargent.
The centre which is home to more than 70 businesses in a variety of sectors has signed up for Wig Wednesday, CLIC Sargent’s annual event when thousands of fundraising hair-os across the UK wear wacky wigs to work, school or college and make a donation to support children and young people with cancer.
Participants will be making a donation for the chance to nominate their managers or colleagues to wear a wig of their choosing.
Centre manager Alison Morrissey, said: “The whole centre is looking forward to getting wiggy with it on May 25 for this brilliant cause!
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve signed up for Wig Wednesday because CLIC Sargent’s nurses and social workers do an amazing job supporting children, young people and their families with cancer through the hardest of times, and we want to do our bit too!
“Hopefully, even more local businesses in the area will be inspired by our tenants to sign up and become hairo-s for CLIC Sargent.”
- 1 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 First look at plans for new Ipswich BMX track ahead of big build
- 4 WATCH: Former policeman given blue light salute during 24-hour marathon
- 5 Mapped: Number of places recording Covid cases doubles in last week
- 6 Orwell Bridge: Road block removed as person safely off bridge
- 7 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
Fundraising manager for CLIC Sargent, Daisy Turner said: “We are thrilled that Alison and her colleagues have encouraged everyone at Basepoint to take part in what promises to be a really fun event
“By signing up for Wig Wednesday on 25 May you can help to change things for the better for thousands of children and young people with cancer – so get involved.”
CLIC Sargent provides practical, emotional, clinical and financial support from diagnosis onwards for children and young people with cancer, and their families across the UK.
To find out more about Basepoint Ipswich contact: 01473 722700
To find out more about Wig Wednesday and to request a fundraising pack visit www.clicsargent.org.uk/wigwednesday or call 08451 212 492