Applaud in Ipswich shortlisted for prestigious UK Coffee award
- Credit: Adrianna Keczmerska
A coffee shop in St Peter's Street, Ipswich, has been shortlisted for a prestigious award.
Applaud is on the shortlist for a UK Coffee Award at the London Coffee Festival, a four-day event held at the Truman Brewery in Brick Lane.
They will be competing for the "Most Notable New Cafe" award with coffee shops from all over the country, including Edinburgh, Bournemouth, Brighton, and Cardiff.
Applaud was started and is managed by sisters Hanner Huntly and Beth Tchie.
Ms Tchie said: “We are so happy to be recognised and shortlisted for this prestigious award.
"We have such a passionate and hard-working team and our vision is to create the best coffee shop experience, so as a team we are really excited about this nomination and would love for the people of Ipswich to get behind us and vote for Applaud Coffee!"
She added, “if we were to win the award it would really put Ipswich on the map!”
- 1 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 2 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 5 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 6 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 7 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 8 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 9 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 10 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
Applaud's coffee supplier, Butterworths and Son of Bury St Edmunds, has also been shortlisted for the "Best All-Round Speciality Coffee Roaster".
You can vote in the UK Coffee Awards at londoncoffeefestival.com/UK-Coffee-Awards.