Cruise line’s major new Ipswich building unveiled
- Credit: DAVID LAM
The first phase of construction has finished on Suffolk-based cruise line Fred. Olsen’s new Ipswich headquarters, despite the Covid-19 pandemic.
Development of the firm’s new 18,000sq ft offices in Whitehouse Road has been completed by Artisan Developments.
The new three-storey site is adjacent to the company’s existing offices and will more than double the amount of space available to Fred. Olsen at the site, as well as offer a basement car park and further external parking.
The next step in the two-stage project is the refurbishment of the cruise line’s old offices, once staff have moved into the new offices in the middle of 2021.
Michael Eyres, Artisan’s managing director, said: “Clearly the lockdown restrictions presented us with many challenges, particularly to ensure the safety of our staff onsite, but also the supply of raw materials.
You may also want to watch:
“Maintaining social distancing amongst our teams was paramount, but I’m delighted that we have, nevertheless, been able to complete the building with minimal delays.”
The completion of both stages of the project will allow Fred. Olsen to rationalise their operations across Ipswich into one location.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal