Cruise line’s major new Ipswich building unveiled
- Credit: DAVID LAM
The first phase of construction has finished on Suffolk-based cruise line Fred. Olsen’s new Ipswich headquarters, despite the Covid-19 pandemic.
Development of the firm’s new 18,000sq ft offices in Whitehouse Road has been completed by Artisan Developments.
The new three-storey site is adjacent to the company’s existing offices and will more than double the amount of space available to Fred. Olsen at the site, as well as offer a basement car park and further external parking.
The next step in the two-stage project is the refurbishment of the cruise line’s old offices, once staff have moved into the new offices in the middle of 2021.
Michael Eyres, Artisan’s managing director, said: “Clearly the lockdown restrictions presented us with many challenges, particularly to ensure the safety of our staff onsite, but also the supply of raw materials.
“Maintaining social distancing amongst our teams was paramount, but I’m delighted that we have, nevertheless, been able to complete the building with minimal delays.”
The completion of both stages of the project will allow Fred. Olsen to rationalise their operations across Ipswich into one location.
- 1 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 2 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 3 'Lovely to be acknowledged' - Ipswich craft shop pleased with bounce back
- 4 Man arrested after Ipswich train station incident released
- 5 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 8 Court to decide how much swindler should repay customers
- 9 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 10 Yellow weather warning in place as Storm Barra set to hit Suffolk