Ashton KCJ Charitable Trust is launched
- Credit: Archant
Regional law firm’s commitment to charity
Regional lawn firm Ashton KCJ has officially launched the Ashton KCJ Charitable Trust.
The rrust, which is regulated by the Charity Commission, will enable the firm to support a wider range of local worthy causes, many of which will be nominated and chosen by its staff members.
Previously, Ashton KCJ supported three charities per year.
In 2014/15 the firm raised £10,000 and to date in this financial year are on target to raise £15,000 which will be split between the allocation of trusts and grants which local causes are asked to apply for, and local projects nominated and voted for by the company staff.
You may also want to watch:
Monies for the charitable trust are raised through a variety of events such as our treasure hunts, golf day and case management conference, as well as dress down days and cake sales.
Collection tins are also in each of the firm’s seven offices.
- 1 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 2 Boxing coach punches man in Ipswich pub attack
- 3 Shoplifter who stole conditioner and washing up goods caught on CCTV
- 4 Major delays on A14 near Ipswich as broken down crane blocks carriageway
- 5 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child
- 6 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 7 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED! Peterborough Panthers v Ipswich Witches
- 8 Couple launch smoked meat business after impressing at family BBQs
- 9 Waterfront bar and restaurant bid rejected following 53 objections
- 10 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
Lawyers also undertake pro bono and reduced fee work and the firm hosts Wills Week every February when a percentage of the fee for each Will written or updated is donated to charity.
Chairman of Ashton KCJ’s CSR committee Nigel Maguire, said: “Our commitment to the community doesn’t stop when we leave the office at the end of each day. We believe it is important to contribute to life beyond work. We live here, we play here and it is where we’ve chosen to raise our families”.
Nigel added: “The Ashton KCJ Charitable Trust has therefore been set up with the aim of giving something back to an area that has served us so well for so long. By way of grants and donations, the Trust will support charitable causes and community groups in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Essex”.
Further information about the Charitable Trust can be found at www.ashtonkcjcharity.org and you can follow on Twitter @AKCJCharity. The website has been set up free of charge by Netmatters-Digital.co.uk so thank you to them.
Ashton KCJ employs 300 people in East Anglia and as such is one of the region’s largest and most prominent law firms. It has extensive geographic coverage, with offices in the main commercial centres along the A14 and A11 corridors – Cambridge, Norwich, Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Felixstowe and Thetford.