Ask Italian reopening in Ipswich - but no word yet on town’s Zizzi
- Credit: GOOGLE
Ask Italian is set to reopen its restaurant in Ipswich this week - but there is no news yet on whether the town’s Zizzi will reopen.
The two popular pizza chains revealed in July they will not reopen all their restaurants after the coronavirus pandemic, with 75 sites due to close nationally.
Ask Italian in Cardinal Park, Ipswich, will reopen at 5pm on Wednesday, August 12 - and is also taking part in the Eat Out to Help Out scheme, with 50% off eat-in meals and soft drinks up to £10 per person on Monday to Wednesday during August.
The restaurant will have safety and social distancing measures in place, and customers are recommended to book ahead before visiting.
However, there has been no word as yet about the future of either the Zizzi restaurant in St Nicholas Street, Ipswich, or the Ask Italian restaurant in Parkway, Bury St Edmunds, Both these restaurants are not currently being listed on the restaurant chains’ websites.
You may also want to watch:
In Colchester, Ask Italian has already reopened, while the town’s Zizzi is due to reopen on Tuesday, August 11.
The Azzurri Group, which owns the two dining brands, is being taken over by investment firm TowerBrook Capital Partners, which plans to keep open 225 restaurants and shops, protecting 5,000 jobs.
- 1 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 2 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 6 Inside Ipswich's Blitz-themed tearoom
- 7 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
However, approximately 75 sites fall outside the scope of the deal and will therefore close. There has been no announcement yet about which restaurants will shut down.