Another Ipswich store to close down after firm enters administration
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich’s Bathstore looks set to shut down after the national retailer fell into administration last month.
Signs have been placed outside the store, in Norwich road, advertising its closure.
The branch was one of 135 stores placed at risk when the retailer revealed it was entering administration in June.
MORE: Could electric bikes ease rush hour congestion in Ipswich?The Ipswich store has slashed prices and is offering at least 30% off stock.
A closing date for the store is yet to be confirmed and administrators at BDO are continuing to hunt for a buyer.
At this time it is unclear whether securing a buyer could save the Ipswich site.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking in June, Ryan Grant of BDO, said: "Despite significant investment into the business over the past five years, Bathstore has struggled to overcome the well-documented challenges facing the UK retail sector.
"The appointment was made after several months of difficult trading, and the failure of ongoing talks to find a buyer for the business.
- 1 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 2 Community 'very shocked' by stabbing in Ipswich
- 3 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 4 Drug dealer seen bragging in YouTube rap videos
- 5 Work to start on new Ipswich town centre retirement homes
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Man to be sentenced over 'dine and dash' spree
- 8 Burglary at O2 store in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Hotel and new shop planned for Ipswich retail park
- 10 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
"Bathstore is continuing to trade in administration, whilst the administrators seek a buyer."