Another Ipswich store to close down after firm enters administration
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich’s Bathstore looks set to shut down after the national retailer fell into administration last month.
Signs have been placed outside the store, in Norwich road, advertising its closure.
The branch was one of 135 stores placed at risk when the retailer revealed it was entering administration in June.
MORE: Could electric bikes ease rush hour congestion in Ipswich?The Ipswich store has slashed prices and is offering at least 30% off stock.
A closing date for the store is yet to be confirmed and administrators at BDO are continuing to hunt for a buyer.
At this time it is unclear whether securing a buyer could save the Ipswich site.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking in June, Ryan Grant of BDO, said: "Despite significant investment into the business over the past five years, Bathstore has struggled to overcome the well-documented challenges facing the UK retail sector.
"The appointment was made after several months of difficult trading, and the failure of ongoing talks to find a buyer for the business.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 3 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 4 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 5 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 6 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 7 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
"Bathstore is continuing to trade in administration, whilst the administrators seek a buyer."