Bentley: Construction consultant Dayle Bayliss wins Star’s LBA contest
bentley: Independent construction consultant Dayle Bayliss has been named as winner in the Ipswich Star round of the national Local Business Accelerators competition.
Local Business Accelerators (LBA) is an initiative by the Newspaper Society, the industry body for Britain’s regional and local media, which aims to highlight the valuable role that press advertising can play in helping businesses to realise their growth ambitions.
As the Star’s winner, Dalye Bayliss Construction Consultants, which is based at Bentley, will receive a prize including free advertising within the title and mentoring support, to be delivered through the Eastern Enterprise Hub’s 5th Floor Club programme.
The practice, launched by Dayle Bayliss in October 2011, provides services including project and construction design and project management, with a particular interest in heritage buildings which has seen Dayle work with clients including the National Trust.
Together with winners from around 500 other local and regional newspapers around the county, the business will also be eligible to go forward to the national round of LBA, where the prize will include mentoring from entrepreneur and Dragons’ Den star Deborah Meaden and £10,000 in cash from the Business Growth Fund.
Harry Berry, chairman of the Eastern Enterprise Hub, who judged the competition locally together with Archant Suffolk business editor Duncan Brodie, said: “I was hugely impressed by the quality of all the short-listed businesses.
“It is really important for these early stage businesses, where they are creative and passionate about their idea, that we now support them.”
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 7 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Deborah Meaden, national ambassador for the LBA campaign, said: “I would like to congratulate the winners of this year’s Local Business Accelerators who should all feel extremely proud to have got this far in the competition.”